Mushrooms are good source of Selenium and like us they produce Vitamin D when exposed to Sunlight. This recipe I got from my cousin sister Uma, a perfect cook in simple. Its so simple and easy to prepare only it takes time to ooze out oil. This gravy would be a perfect choice for Roti/Parata/Naan/Chapati. Button mushrooms are the widely used variety over the globe and are fairly rich in vitamins and minerals. They are found to have adequate content of potassium and Vitamin B, especially rich in folate (bioavailable natural form of Vitamin B9)
Mushrooms – 1 cup/250 gms
Onion – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1.5 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
To fry and grind:
Oil – 2 tbsp
Shallots – 1 cup
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Clove – 2
Jeera/ cumin seed – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil and fry the items listed under “Fry and grind”. Cool and make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil, Fry onion,ginger garlic paste,diced mushroom.
- Add the paste+ water 1/2 cup, salt and cook until oil ooze out.
- Serve hot with roti/chapati/phulka
Step-wise pictures :
- Do not add whole/dry chilli for this recipe.
- Do not add water/even sprinkle water for the mushroom to get cooked. Mushrooms tend to leave water once covered with lid.
- Use a wide pan or even a pressure pan.
- Let the gravy cook until oil ooze out to get the perfect taste.
- Adding coriander leaves is optional.