Sandwiches are always a simple and a healthy recipe which is also said to be kids friendly, snack friendly, healthy and simple breakfast friendly too…Here the recipe is very simple and plain with out much of added masalas and spices,as specifically I made kid friendly with healthy touch. I use whole wheat bread in most of my cooking. You can also replace with any bread variety of your choice.
Bread – 4 slices
Vegetables (carrot,beans, cabbage) – 1.5 cup
Onion – 2
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Jeera/cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Ghee/Butter – as required to toast
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil –> Add onion + vegetables and fry
- Add spice powders along with salt and let it cook
- Spread on bread slices
- Toast on Tawa/toaster using ghee or butter
- This is a simple version so i have not added any chillies,ginger garlic paste,coriander leaves.
- If you add all the above ingredients, the change would be totally different. Try this simple version with the ingredients I have stated, it tastes really good.
- You can serve with any sauce of your choice. I don’t use sauces much in concern with health benefit.
- You can also use a toaster to toast the bread. I toasted on iron tawa.
- You can use any bread variety of your choice. I used whole wheat bread.
- adding additional vegetables depends on your choice. I prefer these three basic veggies would be a better combination as it doesn’t contain much of spices and masalas.