Sprouts are the healthiest, Low fat meal which can be either eaten raw or cooked or steamed. Sprouted grain are mainly rich in protein, fiber, proteins, vitamins and antioxidants. Sprouts provide high amount of energy. I have posted about the Topmost health benefits of sprouts in my earlier post and also stated about how to use in regular cooking too. Click here to know more about it.
Here in this post I have shown you How to sprout a grain using hot case, How to complete perfect sprouting, Tips for Sprouting multiple grains, Links to few recipes of sprout
Green gram / Pachai payiru
Horse gram / Kollu
Finger millet / Ragi
Chick pea / Konda kadalai / Kabuli & brown Channa
Pearl Millet / Kambu / Bajra
Sorghum / Chollam / Jowar
List of Recipes prepared using SPROUTS:
Method of Sprouting grains in Stepwise pictures :
1. Wash and Soak the grain separately in bowl for overnight
6. In 10-12 hours you can find small sprout coming out.
But this is not enough to be called as perfect sprouts
- Do not mix the grains for sprouting as each grain varies in its sprouting duration.
- You can also use a cloth, tie it tightly and keep covered in air tight container for sprouting. Click here to know the stepwise picture for this.
- You can either use as snipe strain sprout or in mixed form when preparing recipes.
- Take care to finish up the sprouted grains as early as possible because nutrition is retained good in freshly sprouted grains
- Click the link to know more about the health benefits of sprouts.
- If you feel that grains of same variety is not sprouted completely, then follow the steps as shown below :
For Imperfect Sprouting : SPREAD, COLLECT, COVER AGAIN and check whether the remaining grains are sprouted completely after another 10 hours.
This would be the maximum time to sprout. So stop the process after that and start using the grain (sprouted &if any left out as non sprout) together and use for the recipe/cooking of your choice.