Bitter gourd recipes are always an inviting vegetable in my family. So once in a while or weekly once I prefer to cook this vegetable either in gravy form or stir fries. We also make curry/kuzhambu using tamarind which is a traditional recipe in South India. Previously I have posted my MIL recipe and as stated I have posted my simple version of bitter gourd fry which goes excellent with all South Indian dishes , specially with curd rice or rice and buttermilk.
Bitter gourd – 2
Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation :
- Wash, cut, De-seed the bitter gourd and finely chop.
- Heat oil + Add chopped bitter gourd and fry.
- Cover and cook in low flame and stir in between.
- When half cooked add salt and spice powder. Mix,cover and cook
- It takes about 1/2 an hour to fry completely
- Serve crispy fry bitter gourd.
Step-wise Preparation of Bitter gourd fry :
- Wash, cut and De-seed the bitter gourd
- It takes about 30-40 minutes for complete frying process in low flame.
- Add salt and spice powder when half cooked.
- Do not fry too crispy as it will give burnt taste.