Curry Leaves has vital nutrients that especially works in restoring the strength of hair follicles. Each and every one are concerned about hair growth and proper nutrition for hair. We all could have come across many a forwarded messages regarding the importance of curry leaves which plays an important role on hair growth. Nowadays the store bought oil are completely adulterated because of the sulphur content they use in coconut to prevent them from fungus and also to maintain the white color when it is stored. This adding of sulphur I have personally seen in oil stores when we take the Copra(Dry coconut) for sale. so it is better to use a coconut oil prepared using cold pressed process / Chekku ennui / Ghani method (A traditional method used for extracting oil where a wooden unit is rotated manually/using bullocks )
BENEFITS OF CURRY LEAVES & BHRINGRAJ FOR HAIR :
- Prevents Pre-mature greying
- Stimulates hair growth
- Repairs damaged roots
- Reduces of hair fall
- Rejuvenation of follicles
- Strengthening of hair shaft
Cold pressed Coconut oil – 1 bottle
Curry leaves – 1 bowl
Bhringraj / Karisalanganni – 1 bowl
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Wash the curry leaves and bhringraj.
- Spread on paper and let it dry well
- Grind both the leaves together along with fenugreek seeds into coarse paste.
- Heat coconut oil in thick kadai and add the ground mixture and allow it to boil in low flame
- Let it cool down.
- Extract the oil using a filter leaving the residues behind
- Store in glass bottle and apply as hair oil.
Step-wise preparation of Hair oil :
1. Washed and dried curry leaves
7. Store in glass bottle and apply as hair oil.
Karisalankanni Keerai / Bhringraj leaves
Image source : Internet
- You can either use any one of the leaves or use both.
- Curry leaves are all time available so you can prepare this oil regularly.
- Do not boil too much and also in high flame.
- Prepare in less quantity to avoid spoilage of oil when stored long.
- When using the oil you may feel sticky because of the natural constituents in the leaves.
- So you can either use regularly basis or at least weekly once.
- If the original image of karisalankanni/ bhringraj leaves are not clear to understand kindly refer for an image source from internet.
Click here for benefits reference