Broccoli Pulao | Simple Broccoli Pulao | Broccoli Recipe – When compared to cauliflower the taste of broccoli is not that inviting. So am not much fond of it. But I have been waiting for a long time to add this veggie in my regular diet and thinking for a right choice of recipe, because it has to suit up with Indian style of cooking. There it clicked pulao would be wise choice and that too I wanted with simple grounded masala which should not be either like biryani or even like the white plain pulao. This recipe is very very simple I can assure.
Ingredients of Broccoli Pulao:
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Water – 4 cups
- Broccoli – 1 flower
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 3 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Ghee – 4 tsp
To grind as fine paste:
- Garlic – 1 full
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Coriander leaves – 1 handful
- Mint – few (optional)
- Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Clove – 2
- Saunf / Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation of Broccoli Pulao:
- Cut and clean the broccoli florets. Also set ready the ingredients to be grind as paste.
- Heat oil + ghee in a wide pan and add the bay leaf.
- Once it splutters, add the paste. Just fry for 2 minutes, the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the washed rice.
- Mix well and add broccoli florets, curd, lemon juice, salt and give a fine stir.
- Add water and cover with lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure is down mix gently with a fork and serve hot with raita of your choice.
- Do not wash basmati rice mare than once as they tend to break easily.
- Use a fork to mix the rice after pressure cooked.
- Adding of mint is purely optional. I just added 5 leaves of it for its fine aroma.
- As this recipe do not contain onion or tomato frying of the paste doesn’t take long time and even we do not want to wait until the stage of oil oozing out.
- Adding of curd can be replaced with coconut milk too. I prefer adding curd because its easy and simple to make an urgent pulao.