Crispy Bitter Gourd Fry | Pavakkai Varuval – Bitter gourd recipes are always an inviting vegetable in my family. Some people might have avoided this vegetable and refused to taste it, because afraid of its bitterness, but believe me it’s worth to try 🙂 So once in a while or weekly once I prefer to cook this vegetable either in gravy form or stir fries. We also make curry/kuzhambu using tamarind which is a traditional recipe in South India. Previously I have posted my Mothert In Law recipes and as stated I have posted my simple version of bitter gourd fry which goes excellent with all South Indian dishes , specially with curd rice or rice and buttermilk.
1. Bitter gourd – 2
2. Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
3. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
4. Salt – 1/2 tsp
5. Oil – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation for Crispy Bitter Gourd Fry:
1. Wash, cut, De-seed the bitter gourd and finely chop.
2. Heat oil + Add chopped bitter gourd and fry.
3. Cover and cook in low flame and stir in between.
4. When half cooked add salt and spice powder. Mix, cover and cook
5. It takes about 1/2 an hour to fry completely
6. Serve crispy fry bitter gourd.
Step-wise Preparation for Crispy Bitter Gourd Fry:
1. Wash, cut and De-seed the bitter gourd
• It takes about 30-40 minutes for complete frying process in low flame.
• Add salt and spice powder when half cooked.
• Do not fry too crispy as it will give burnt