Hot Paneer Sandesh Pudding – The sweet treats are always irresistible but they often make us feeling guilty too. The oodles of refined sugar used to make tempting ends up adding unwanted calories to your day leaving the weighing level tipping on to the wrong direction 🙂
We’ve made life simpler for you. Now, you don’t need to give up your favorite sweets or avoiding those cravings. These awesome sugar free desserts are so indulgent that you will not realize that they contain no sugar.
These recipes make use dried out fruits and fresh fruits to impart natural sweetness or much healthier sugar alternatives like jaggery or honey. Some recipes may use sugar substitutes like stevia but you can totally get rid of them and the dessert will be just as delicious.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 Mins
Total Time: 45 Mins
Ingredients of Hot Paneer Sandesh Pudding
- 250 gm home-made paneer cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp full fat cream
- 2 tsp stevia a natural sugar substitute derived from a plant, adjust to your taste.
For the fruits stew:
- 1 green apple-thinly sliced up& seeds removed
- 8-10 strawberries, chopped
- Juice of 1 orange or around 1 cup
- 3-4 cloves
- 3-4 cardamom
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3-4 whole black
- 1/4 Tbsp butter
- Almond slivers for garnish
Steps to Make Hot Paneer Sandesh Pudding
1. In a saucepan melt the butter and add the orange juice to it.
2. Add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper. They need to be fished out later.
3. Once the juice is hot, add the apple slices. Allow it stew covered for approximately 5-7minutes. Uncover it after a while and allow it to simmer until half of the orange juice evaporates.
4. Once done, switch off the heat and remove all the whole spices from the water.
5. Now add 3/4 of the strawberries. Reserving some for garnishing. This is actually the fruit stew.
6. Mash the paneer well with a fork and add whipped cream to it. Mix the stevia thoroughly.
7. Flatten out this mix on a plastic sheet or foil paper based on thesize of the baking dish that you use.
8. Preferable you need to use a 15 cm square baking dish.
9. Pour in the stewed fruits in the baking dish.
10. Flip the paneer layer which you had flattened previously a plastic sheet over to fit on top of the stewed fruits in the baking dish.
11. Dress it up with leftover strawberries and some almond slivers.
12. Place it in a hot oven that preheated at 220 degrees C and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, till the paneer’s edges look somewhat brown.
13. Serve hot.