How to sprout grains using a hot pack or hot case | Tips for sprouting multiple grains – Sprouts are the healthiest, Low fat meal which can be either eaten raw or cooked/steamed. Sprouted grain are mainly rich in protein, fiber, proteins, vitamins and antioxidants. Sprouts provide high amount of energy. I have post for about the Topmost health benefits of sprouts in my earlier post and also stated about how to use in regular cooking too.
Here in this post I have shown you How to sprout a grain using hot case, How to complete perfect sprouting, Tips for Sprouting multiple grains, Links to few recipes of sprout.
Ingredients on How to sprout grains using a hot pack or hot case:
- Green gram / Pachai payiru
- Horse gram / Kollu
- Finger millet / Ragi
- Chick pea / Konda kadalai / Kabuli & brown Channa
- Pearl Millet / Kambu / Bajra
- Sorghum / Chollam / Jowar
List of Recipes prepared using SPROUTS:
- Sprouts Vegetable Pulao
- Pepper sauted sprout salad
- Protein rich sprouted soup
Method in Stepwise pictures on How to sprout grains using a hot pack or hot case:
1. Wash and Soak the grain separately in bowl for overnight
- Do not mix the grains for sprouting as each grain varies in its sprouting duration.
- You can also use a cloth, tie it tightly and keep covered in air tight container for sprouting. Click here to know the stepwise picture for this.
- You can either use as snipe strain sprout or in mixed form when preparing recipes.
- Take care to finish up the sprouted grains as early as possible because nutrition is retained good in freshly sprouted grains
- Click the link to know more about the health benefits of sprouts.
- If you feel that grains of same variety is not sprouted completely, then follow the steps as shown below :
- For Imperfect Sprouting : SPREAD, COLLECT, COVER AGAIN and check whether the remaining grains are sprouted completely after another 10 hours.
- This would be the maximum time to sprout. So stop the process after that and start using the grain (sprouted &if any left out as non sprout) together and use for the recipe/cooking of your choice.