Sprouts Vegetable Pulao – This recipe of making a mixed rice pulao is from my friend Swati. She loves cooking healthy and so no choice of frying vegetables here!! Add it whole just give a quick stir add water and pressure cook. The method of preparing is quite simple and easy too ? This recipe is of her own style and you cannot find elsewhere. So kindly make a try of it share your comments about this healthy recipe.
Ingredients of Sprouts Vegetable Pulao :
- Rice (Sona masoori) – 2 cups
- Water – 5 cups
- Shallots – 1/2 cup (10-12 Nos)
- Carrot – 1 medium sized
- Green gram sprouts – 1 cup
- Potato – 1
- Cashews – a handful
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 3 tbsp
- Biryani Masala powder – 2 tbsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 3
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Salt – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation of Sprouts Vegetable Pulao:
- Heat the oil + ghee in pressure pan and add, mustard Jeera/cumin seed. Let it splutter, add cashews and fry until golden brown.
- Grate the carrot, peel off skin and chop potatoes, whole shallots without chopping, slit green chillies, curry leaves and set ready.
- Measure the sprouts, wash and set aside.
- Once the cashews are golden brown add all the vegetable and sprouts which are set ready
- Just mix for half a minute and add ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well for 1 minute
- Now add the rice and Biryani masala powder (you can find only a tsp for the whole rice)
- Mix well.
- Add water, chopped coriander leaves , salt and cover with lid.
- Pressure cook for about 2 whistles.
- Give a gentle mix so that the rice should not be mushy.
- Healthy sprouts rice is ready to serve
- If you do not have sprouts prepare the recipe with carrot and potato.
- Carrot is the important and essential ingredient of this recipe. So it can be prepared only with carrot which tastes similar.
- You can serve with just plain onion raita. Additional vegetables in the raita would give a blunt taste to the rice cooked.
- Do not add chilli powder or turmeric powder to this recipe which is a secret tip.
- I used sona masoori as per her advise. You can use normal ponni rice else basmati.