Tips How To Store Carrot | Simple Method of Storing Carrot for Longer Use – Carrots are found to be one of the ultimate health foods world wide. Carrots are rich in Vitamin A and found to have good anti-oxidant properties. Like onions and potatoes I always prefer to have carrots for regular daily use. But problem is when it comes to storage !! Yes.. Carrots tend to spoil easily and cannot be stored long. This tip which I have shared here is told by my sister. Really I didn’t believe the time when she told me but it had worked out better than she told.
DO’s and DONT’s while buying carrot:
- Choose medium-sized carrot as they tend to cook easily. Do not buy the bigger ones because they are rough to cut and takes longer time to cook
- It is fresher if you get along with attaching greens.
- Else you can choose a smooth and fresh looking orange color
- Avoid choosing of carrot with blemishes (some marks over it), without stiffness and that has green area on the top.
Ingredient of Tips How To Store Carrot:
- Container box or Zip locks bags or paper wraps
Method of Preparation of Tips How To Store Carrot:
1. Wash the carrots.
2. Peel off the skin and cut the edges.
3. Store either in an air tight container else use a zip lock covers (Use food grade covers, DO NOT use plastics to store anything in refrigerator)
- Rich in Vitamin A (containing carotene) and has anti-oxidant properties.
- Excellent food/vegetable when eaten raw but cooked carrot has higher level of beta-carotene and phenolic acids absorb through walls of intestinal tract and acts as antioxidant preventing cell damage)
- Carrots are healthier with gentle cooking or steaming
- They help in improving vision, prevents heart disease, cancer, brain health, Liver protection properties.
- Placing carrot near apple, pear and potatoes may turn the carrot bitter because of the ethylene gas they release.
Reference from the site of Mercola and About health