Vegetable Pulao | Simple Vegetable Rice | Vegetable Biryani – This recipe doesn’t require much of concentration and tips. So you have to just grind, sauté, add rice and pressure cook which will be ready to serve. Hence this would be an inviting recipe for beginners to make an excellent pulao/biryani whatever it can be called of your choice. Else recall as “Emergency Pulao”.
The pulao can be kids friendly as we do not add chillies, thereby adjusting spice can be according to our preference. Also diet friendly as we do not add much of oil for frying. Just even a tbsp also would be sufficient. Working some friendly as this would be an excellent choice for lunch pack and also office potluck. Stomach friendly which doesn’t have a strong flavor and aromatic spices causing stomach gastritis. Also added ginger and garlic aids in complete digestion of sprinkled masalas. Healthy friendly too as the recipe doesn’t require much of frying in oil. I hope no more detail is required for this Simple and quick recipe which can replace a menu in your regular cooking.
Ingredients of Vegetable Pulao:
- Mixed vegetables – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Biryani masala – 1 tsp (optional)
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Ghee -1 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 2
- Salt – 2 tsp
To grind as paste :
- Coriander leaves – 1 handful
- Pepper corns – 1 tsp
- Shahi Jeera / Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Clove – 2-3
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 4 cloves
Method of Preparation for Vegetable Pulao:
- Wash and dice the veggies in cubes or length wise.
- Make a paste of items under “To grind”
- Heat oil + ghee : add bay leaf, paste, vegetables and sauté for a minute
- Add spice powders along with curd, salt and water
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Let pressure down,mix gently and serve
Stepwise Preparation of Vegetable Pulao :
1.Wash and dice the veggies in cubes or length wise.
2.Make a paste of items under “To grind”
3. Heat oil + ghee
4. Add bay leaf and ground paste (sauté 30 seconds)
5. Add veggies
6. Mix for about a minute
7. Add spice powders, curd and salt
8. Now add washes rice
9. Add water
10. Let it boil
11. Pressure cook for 2 whistles
12. Mix or fluff it gently
13. Serve with raita of your choice
- This method of preparation can be used in preparing Soya chunks, Mushroom, potatoes, Mixed vegetable, Sprouts, Channa or any other variety of grains too…
- Am sure this recipe would be really time saving as they do not contain onion or tomato which requires time to be fried/cooked mushy.
- You can call this as “Emergency Biryani/Pulao” too
- This recipe doesn’t require much of concentration and tips. So you have to just grind, sauté, add rice and pressure cook which will be ready to serve. Hence this would be an inviting recipe for beginners to make an excellent pulao/biryani whatever it can be called of your choice.