Achari Paneer Tikka
Achari Paneer Tikka – The favorite treat Paneer Tikka flavored with tangy spices. Achar is actually pickle which is often accompanies Indian food. This menu of Achari Paneer Tikka is a great appetizer for a dinner social gathering or a get-together with family and friends.
Achari Paneer Tikka is the most popular vegetarian appetizer in the Punjabi Dishes. The term achar in Hindi means pickle. Paneer cubes marinated in an achari marinade makes an aromatic, flavorsome party snack. A mixture of pickling spices goes into the marinade presenting a distinctive taste to the paneer.
You may either grill the marinated paneer portions on a grill pan over the gas, you may use a charcoal barbecue or do it in the microwave grill as well. Fruit and vegetables can be marinated in the spices and stored in an airtight container in the fridge a day prior to the party. Serve Achari Paneer Tikka with green chutney along with fresh salad on the side.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Ingredients of Achari Paneer Tikka
- 2 tsp Pickle gravy
- 250 Gram Paneer or cottage cheese
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seed or methi dana
- 1/2 tsp Onion seeds or Kalonji
- 1/4 Cup Hung curd
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard powder
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- A Pinch of Salt
- A few sprigs Fresh mint (pudina)
Steps to Make Achari Paneer Tikka
1. Dry up roast coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, and onion seeds till fragrant. Set aside to cool.
2. Put hung curd in a bowl, then add ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, mustard powder, pickle gravy, turmeric powder and mix well.
3. Crush the roasted spices in a mortar with the pestle. Add a little of the smashed spices to the yogurt and mix well.
4. Cut cottage cheese into 1 inch cubes and add to the curd mixture and mix well so that the cottage pieces are well coated. Let them for about} 15 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. String the cottage cheese cubes onto wooden skewers and place them in the
6. Cook, spinning the sticks, in order to get cottage cheese cubes get cooked thoroughly.
7. Arrange them on the serving plate, garnish with mint sprig and serve it hot.