Badhusha A Simple Sweet Recipe
Badhusha A Simple Sweet Recipe – Badhusha is a famous Indian sweet. It is also called as badhushahi. This is one of the simplest sweet recipe to prepare in a very short time. I am not an expert in maaking sweets but has great passion in grabbing the recipes from my mom, MIL and friends and try out.The sweet looks fluffy, round, golden brown and has a glossy look when dropped in sugar syrup.
I tried out this recipe after watching a cook show in television. I missed initially to flatten the balls little more,so take care in making balls and while frying and Do enjoy preparing this sweet..…
Ingredients of Badhusha A Simple Sweet Recipe:
- Maida (all-purpose flour) -2 cups
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Curd -1/4 cup
- A Sugar -1 tbsp
- Oil -1 tbsp (optional)
- Water -1/2 cup
- Grated pistachios -1 tsp to garnish
For sugar syrup:
- Sugar -2 cups
- Water -2 cups
- Lemon juice -1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder -a pinch
- Rose essence -1 drop (optional)
Method of Preparation of Badhusha A Simple Sweet Recipe:
- First knead the dough required for making badhusha. Mix or sieve together the maida and baking soda in a wide pan.
- Add the curd, melted ghee, sugar and mix well To form soft clumps. Now add required water (about 1/2 cup)and gently knead the dough. Set aside for about an hour. Do not over knead the dough.
- In the meantime, place a stainless steel vessel on stove to make syrup. Add sugar and water and allow to boil in medium flame to get syrup consistency. Do not leave for string consistency as the badhusha will not absorb the syrup if its too thick.
- Reduce the flame and add the lemon juice and cardamom powder and turn off the flame. You can add a drop of essence in this stage.k
- Make the dough into small balls (place the balls in center of palm, press and rotate firmly to make soft flat balls)
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan for deep frying, add the balls with a depression in the middle.
- Let it get fried to a golden brown in low flame. Now transfer these fried balls to the sugar syrup and allow to get absorbed for about 15 -20 minutes.
- Garnish with grated pistachios and store in an airtight container.
- The consistency of sugar syrup should not be too thick as they might fail to absorb the syrup.
- Take care to cook in low flame the bahusha balls to get cooked completely inside.
- Grating of pistachios is optional for decorating.
- Lemon juice is added just to withstand the consistency of sugar syrup.