Banana Oats Porridge | Infant Oats Porridge | Healthy porridge recipes
Banana Oats Porridge | Infant Oats Porridge | Healthy porridge recipes – Banana is the healthiest of all fruits which are packed with nutrients that are good for your heart, your diet,mood and your eyes. It provides variety of minerals and vitamins where as also rich in Dietary fiber and potassium and adequate amount of magnesium too. They are also said to be good source of Vitamin B6 and C . Oats is also said to be rich in fiber called as beta-glucan, which helps in lowering of bad cholesterol.
The daily intake for adult would be approximately 25-30 gms. Also I believe Oats is an Australian food and is not from our origin of grains. So I would always suggest not to serve too much of oats for infants/babies and even adults too. The reason why am pointing “not too much” is because oats is one of the easiest recipe/menu of breakfast which makes our cooking simple that doesn’t provide the required nutrient, So take care to cook with any of the added veggies/fruits
Oats and banana,both are rich in dietary fiber, adding milk along with jaggery makes you better absorption of calcium than compared to white sugar/refined sugars.
Ingredients Banana Oats Porridge:
- Oats – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Banana – 1/2
- Jaggery – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
Method of Preparation :
- Make a syrup of the jaggery using water.
- Cook the sliced banana for just 2 minutes and set aside.
- Boil milk + add the oats and cook soft
- Now add the cooked banana and serve hot/cold
Step-wise Picture of Banana Oats Porridge :
- Make a syrup of jaggery using the water and boil the chopped banana
- Transfer to a bowl & Set aside
- In the same pan boil milk and add oats
- Stir well in at regular intervals until oats cooked soft
- Add the cooked banana slices
- Mix well, transfer to a bowl and serve hot/chilled
- This recipe is so simple tatsing good even when we randomly use our measurements
- This is a simple porridge served for toddlers who can chew.
- For infants/babies you can just give one pulse for oats and smash and add the banana while cooking
- Though you can use white sugar for the recipe, I prefer 90% of my recipes with jaggery.
- The consistency can be made like payasam by adding either milk or hot water.