Beetroot Poriyal Reduce Blood Pressure
Beetroot Poriyal – Beetroot is a tuber and are richest source of nitrates, which helps to reduce blood pressure. Beetroot contains large amount of soluble fibers and also acts as antioxidant in preventing the deposition if bad cholesterol in the artery walls.They helps to treat anemia and acts as extra energy boosters in pregnant women.
Ingredients of Beetroot Poriyal :
- Beetroot -1 cup
- Dry red chillies -2
- Green chilli -1
- Curry leaves -6
- Shallots -5
- Channa dal & urad dal -1 tsp together
- Mustard -1/4 tsp
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Grated coconut -3 tbsp
- Salt as required
Method of Preparation of Beetroot Poriyal:
- Cut the chillies for 1 inch size, chop the beetroot in cube shape.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and let it splutter. Add channa dal and urad dal and fry till golden brown.
- Add the thin sliced shallots, curry leaves, chillies and saute for a while.
- Now add the beetroot and sprinkle little water, close with the lid and cook.
- Add salt and mix well. Add little more water if you find the beetroot sticking to the kadai.
- When it is cooked completely add grated coconut. Saute for about a minute and put off the flame.
- Remove the outer skin of beetroot, wash and then chop. Do not chop the beetroot and wash.
- Beetroot tastes best when cooked in low flame in this method without adding any spice powders.
- You can either chop or grate the beetroot to make the poriyal of your choice