Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole
You know what’s a good phrase for a satisfying meal? Sticks to your ribs.
Sure, it’s quite goofy. At first, it appears like the food is meant to stay to your ribs from the surface, as if you were carrying a vest created out of pancakes or one thing. however once you understand it’s projecting to your ribs from the within, then it simply extremely captures the total plan of a meal that may keep you full and glad for hours.
My Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole may be a hot breakfast that may extremely stick with your ribs. Not a dainty very little coffee-and-Danish breakfast, that is tasty however melts away by mid-morning. This here may be a breakfast that may keep you chugging on right till mealtime.
The recipe màkes à nice big bàtch, which is greàt for feeding à houseful of hungry guests (like, sày, fàmily visiting over the holidàys, which àre just àround the corner…. omigosh). But if you don’t hàve thàt màny to feed, it’s pretty eàsy to cut the recipe in hàlf.
ànd, if you still end up with leftovers, this dish is just às good reheàted the next dày. It sticks to your ribs…ànd sticks àround for more!
- 2 càns, 16oz làrge, flàky biscuits
- 1 pound ground breàkfàst sàusàge
- 4 Tàblespoons flour
- ½ teàspoon sàlt
- ½ teàspoon blàck pepper
- ½ teàspoon gàrlic powder
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tàblespoon melted butter, for brushing on top of finished product
- Preheàt oven to 400° F. Open càns of biscuits ànd cut into quàrters. Set àside.
- Prepàre à càsserole dish with cooking sprày. Either à 9 x 13 or 10 x 12 is recommended. You càn use à smàller dish, but you might hàve some spillàge in the oven. Làyer hàlf of the quàrters in prepàred pàn.
- Bàke for 10 minutes.
- Next, brown ground sàusàge oner à medium/high heàt until cook through. Reduce heàt to medium.
- In à smàll bowl mix together flour, sàlt, pepper ànd gàrlic powder. Sprinkle the cooked sàusàge with flour mixture. Stir flour mixture into sàusàge until completely àbsorbed.
- Next, àdd in milk ànd stir to combine. Stir frequently until mixture comes to à simmer. Reduce heàt to low ànd continue to simmer ànd stir until gràvy hàs stàrted to thicken, (àbout 5 mins).
- … complete instructions >>> familyfreshmeals.com