Bitter Gourd Tamarind Curry | One Pot Bitter Gourd Curry – Bitter gourd is a healthiest vegetable which has enormous benefits, but has side effects too. It gives a remedy for diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels, piles, blood purification process, weight loss and serves as immune booster. Side effects are shown in pregnant or lactating women, children, patient with G-6PD and low blood sugar. This foods very simple to be made and very useful for aour health.
Ingredients of Bitter Gourd Tamarind Curry:
- Bitter gourd -2 (thin sliced/finely chopped)
- Tamarind water -3 cups (taken from lemon sized )
- Chilli powder -1 tsp
- Green chilli -1
- Garlic -4 pods
- Shallots -10
- Tomato -1
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder -3 tsp
- Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil -1 tsp (optional)
- Grated coconut -2 tbsp
Method of Preparation Bitter Gourd Tamarind Curry | One Pot Bitter Gourd Curry:
- Add all the ingredients except coconut, in a round bottom vessel. Close the lid and cook in medium flame till the raw smell of tamarind goes off.
- Before 5 minutes of switching off the stove add coconut and cook.
- Because the bitter gourd is not fried, it retains the original flavor and bitterness.
- So this recipe can be tried out for patients with diabetes adherer bitter gourd lovers.
- This is a very simple process and does not consume too much time to stand and cook.
- Here in the picture I posted, I added coconut oil and skipped adding coconut. You can do either of the method.