Broken Wheat Payasam Recipe
Broken Wheat Payasam | Godhumai Payasam | Easy Payasam Recipe – First I tried making payasam with Broken wheat on my cousin birthday. It came out really good saturating their satisfaction. When I repeated a couple of times too the consistency was found to be well maintained evenly. So felt like sharing the same here as a post hoping to be useful ? Its a very simple and easy sweet recipe where the consistency can easily be obtained. I would suggest it is a best option for beginners.
Ingredients of Broken Wheat Payasam :
- Broken wheat – 3 tbsp
- Jaggery – 5 tbsp
- Condensed milk – 2 tbsp (purely optional)
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cashews & Raisins – few
Method of Preparation of Broken Wheat Payasam:
- Take the broken wheat in pressure pan and jaggery in a thick bowl.
- Add about 1 cup water for wheat and 1/4 cup for jaggery
- Pressure cook for 5-6 whistles and heat the jaggery bowl until it melts.
- Transfer the cooked wheat in a round bottom vessel, add the milk and let it boil in simmer.
- Give a fine stir in between to avoid burnt at the bottom. After 5 minutes add the jaggery syrup (filter to remove impurities if any)
- Scrap the sides of the malai formed into the vessel and keep mixing until the payasam gets thickened.
- Now add the condensed milk and leave for two minutes.
- Fry cashews, raisins in ghee and add to it.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and server hot. Else refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Just because I had remaining milk maid at home I used it. Hence adding of condensed milk is purely optional.
- Scraping the sides is an important step to get the taste of condensed milk. So take care to do this at regular intervals.
- You can also add cardamom powder if you would like have the aroma. I don’t generally prefer here.
- The measurement given above serves for about 3 persons.