Cabbage Salad | Vitamin C Salad | Orange Salad – There is always a wrong concept that eating oranges and melons during winter would cause cold and cough. But nature has proved the concept indifferent way by providing us these fruits during winter season ? which means our body need to be supplemented with the seasonal fruits. Now its time for Oranges. I always prefer to eat in the form of fruit when compared to juices to get the complete nutrition and fiber. Even I have practiced my son the same. Cabbage salad prepared here is rich in Vitamin C with mixed scoop of vegetables and fruits. Really I felt happy when I tried this and turned out well and when my 3 year old kid loved this salad, my joy bounced still extreme. Hope you can also try and vitamin C would be really a supportive nutrient for body as they are rich in antioxidants.
Ingredients of Cabbage Salad :
- Cabbage – 1 cup shredded in very thin pieces.
- Orange – 1 peeled
- Tomato – 1 finely chopped
- Onion – 1/2
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 1/4 tsp
- Salt -2 pinches
- Pepper powder – 2-3 pinches
Method of Preparation of Cabbage Salad:
- Shred the cabbage into thin slices.
- Set ready with flesh of orange, finely chopped tomatoes,onion.
- Mix all the above with salt and pepper powder.
- Garnish with lemon juice and coriander leaves.
Step by step of Making Cabbage Salad:
- Shred the cabbage in very fine pieces.
- I used my peeler to get this fine slices. You can also use the grater else sharp knife.
- Set in all your ingredients ready (shredded cabbage, chopped tomato without pulp, chopped onion and pulp of orange)
- Add all the ingredients into a wide bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Mix well gently.
- Add a tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves and squeeze 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve right immediately in a bowl.
- Here all the ingredients added are mainly concerned with Vitamin C.
- Since the orange pulp tend to leave water content, prepare this salad just before consuming.
- Take care to remove the pulpy part of tomatoes.
- Also finely chop the veggies to get a crunchy taste.
- I used my peeler to shred the cabbage. you can also slice using knife else grate it.