Carrot Halwa – Carrot halwa is one my favorite dessert. This also one of the most popular Indian dessert. Traditionally served at Indian festivals and in temples, this classic dessert is a favorite in Indian during Diwali. Diwali means the festival of lights is one of the best-known Indian festivals. Carrots are grown in abundance also are cheap and healthy. The measurement given below is very accurate and it turned out so good. My husband is a best analyzer of tastes and he is not fond of sweets to that extent. He told that’s the halwa tastes good, so I am confident you love to make this simple halwa. Even beginners can try this fool proof recipe with confidence. Today we will learn how to make carrot halwa following this easy recipe. Please try out and let me know the feedback.
Ingredients of Carrot Halwa:
- Carrot-1/2 kg
- Milk -1/2 litre
- Khova-150 gm
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
- Cashews – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – for flavour
- Ghee to roast Cashews
Method of Preparation of Carrot Halwa:
- Peel off the skin, wash the carrot and grate it.
- In a wide pan cook well the carrot with milk.keep stirring in between to get the carrot cooked evenly.
- The milk should completely be absorbed by carrot. In this stage the raw smell of the carrot completely goes off.
- Now add sugar and swirl well till the sugar dissolved completely.
- Now add khova, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Finally add fried cashews and yummy halwa is ready to serve.
- I also added fried raisins, because I love raisins. You can add them if you like it too.
- By boiling the carrot rather than frying, the taste and nutrients of the carrot retains the same.
- Serve it warm, but chilled halwa will taste better.
- Carrot Halwa can stand alone or with your favourite garnish.