Carrot Kheer as Simple Carrot Kheer Recipe for Infants – Carrots are storehouse of multiple health benefits and it is one of my all time stored vegetable. Though there are several methods of preparing carrot kheer this is my preferred method because it is in puree form, smooth and easy for my son to drink. After grinding I feed at-least about 2-3 tsp of the grind-ed paste to my son and then go with the process of adding milk and other ingredients.
- You can just skip adding the nuts powder because it might cause choking.
- Add only one nut(cashew/almond) when you pressure cook,as it causes over dosage and infants are mostly allergic to nuts.
- So consult always with your pediatrician regarding feeding of nuts in their diet.
Ingredients of Carrot Kheer :
- Carrot – 3
- Cashews – 10
- Milk – 1 cup
- Saffron – 5 strands
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Grated nuts or Kesar Milk masala – 3 tsp
(Nuts – Cashew, Almond, Pistachios, nutmeg, Mace,cardamom)
Method of Carrot Kheer:
- Cut the edges of carrot, peel off the skin, wash and cut into halves. Add the cashews too.
- Add 1/4 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Allow it to cool and grind as smooth paste in blender/mixer
- Add the carrot puree,milk and sugar and boil in simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile grate the nuts (or use Kesar milk masala powder) and soak the saffron in a tsp of warm milk.
- Add the soaked saffron and mix
- Finally add the nuts powder or Kesar Milk Masala powder
- Transfer to a cup and serve hot.
- Blending into smooth paste will make it easier for kids and infants to consume.
- You can also add little condensed milk too for thick consistence and flavor.
- If you do not have saffron just skip. Since the kesar milk masala has nutmeg its gives a rich and vibrant flavor for the kheer.
- This is very suitable hot drink with added nuts for kids.