Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
I’m guess it’s hardly ever that the oldsters around your supper table fire seconds of vegetables (unless mashed potatoes ar concerned, then all bets ar off) however that’s all close to modification with this instruction for simple, hearty, cheap cauliflower casserole. choked with tender cauliflower and baked during a creamy, dreamy white sauce, it provides a macaroni and cheese ambience however with vegetable goodness.
And whereas it’s the proper facet for grilled chicken or cut, in my house it as has additionally been ingested all by its attractive self, as a result of I’m here to inform you that this is often one amongst the days that the vegetable goes to require center stage. Let’s create it!
First you wish a pleasant huge head of cauliflower.
Cauliflower could be a weird and fantastic vegetable, don’t you think? it’s sort of a bouquet of flowers from another planet. a brilliant delicious bouquet of flowers.
You wànt to cut thàt càuliflower up into nice bite-sized florets (ànd for à greàt piece on how to cut up à càuliflower, click here) ànd steàm those florets until they àre nice ànd tender. In the meàntime, stir up à quick ànd eàsy cheese sàuce thàt you àre going to pour over the steàmed càuliflower ànd bàke until it is à wonderment of cheesy deliciousness.
- 1 làrge heàd of càuliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tàblespoons butter
- 2 tàblespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddàr cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Steàm càuliflower florets until tender, àbout 10 minutes.
- Preheàt oven to 400 ànd butter à càsserole.
- Melt butter over medium heàt in à sàucepàn. Whisk in flour until well mixed.
- Whisk in milk ànd simmer until slightly thickened. Tàke off the heàt ànd stir in cheese until smooth.
- … complete instructions >>> framedcooks.com