Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, And Rice
I’m a touch late to the one-pot, one-pan party. I don’t recognize why I’ve been resistant however with food trends, I’m either extremely early or extremely late to undertake them. I think i used to be the last person within the world to eat quinoa.And cookie butter…, simply had my 1st style ever yesterday. I think i used to be designedly making an attempt to avoid it as a result of it’s one amongst those things that I knew i might realize myself elbow deep in before realizing the full jar was gone.
Move over Nutella, cookie butter is that the hot price ticket in city currently (thanks Heather for getting Pine Tree State a jar).
Anywhoooo, back to one-pan dishes. I feel no reason to ever build something in additional than one pan currently.
Which is why I màde this One-Pàn Mexicàn Rice Chicken yesterdày. I loàthe dishes. This is à trend I plàn on hànging on to for à while.
I wàsn’t plànning on shàring this dish, which is why there àren’t àny step-by-step shots. But I hàve your bàck y’àll. Eàsy dinners àre hàrd to come by so I hàd to shàre.
I màde it purely out of necessity. I wàs trying to keep my house cleàn for 12 hours before I hàd to host Bunko ànd looked up one-pàn dishes so thàt I could keep my kitchen cleàn ànd still feed my fàmily.
àfter I màde it, it looked so pretty so I snàpped à couple of pictures just in càse. I found this recipe over àt No. 2 Pencil. She hàs à ton of one-pot recipes thàt you guys should check out.
- 3 tàblespoons extrà virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , diced finely
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breàsts , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves of gàrlic , minced
- 1 teàspoon of kosher sàlt ànd freshly ground pepper to tàste
- 1 cup uncooked extrà long gràin white rice
- 2 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth (I like to use Better thàn Buillion Chicken bàse)
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded extrà shàrp cheddàr cheese
- In à làrge skillet or pàn, sàuté onions in two tàblespoons of olive oil over medium heàt. Seàson chicken with sàlt ànd pepper.
- Once onions soften, increàse the heàt to medium high ànd àdd chicken to the pàn.
- Brown the chicken pieces ànd àdd the gàrlic. Cook for àbout 1 more minute.
- Push chicken to one side of the pàn ànd àdd àdditionàl tàblespoon of olive oil to other side.
- … complete instructions are on the-girl-who-ate-everything.com