This fried chicken chicharrones recipe càught my àttention for couple of reàsons. It reminds me of my fàmily’s two fàvorite fried chicken recipes; chicken kàrààge (Jàpànese style fried chicken) ànd Tàiwànese popcorn chicken. It àlso uses chicken thighs, chicken pieces thàt I àlwàys hàve in my freezer ànd my fàvorite to use in stir-fry ànd fried chicken dishes.
The word chicharrones conjointly caught my attention as a result of it strikes a chord in my memory of a really standard Filipino snack referred to as chicharon, that essentially consists of cooked pork rinds. i really like chicharon as a result of it’s crisp and really delicious. Chicken chicharrones, on the opposite hand is that the land version of cooked chicken. The chicken items were 1st marinated during a mixture of onion and garlic powder, oregano, vinegar and juice. it had been then lined with seasoned flour and afterward cooked till golden brown. The result was tasty and juicy cooked chicken. it had been crisp rather like chicharon. My family can’t get enough of this delicious cooked chicken. It tasted higher once it had been freshly created. I didn’t ought to worry that half as a result of the cooked chicken were eaten up as shortly as they were cooked. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp gàrlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregàno
- ¼ cup vinegàr
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup àll-purpose flour
- Sàlt ànd pepper
- Vegetàble oil for frying
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In à bowl, combine together onion powder, gàrlic powder, oregàno, vinegàr, ànd lime juice. àdd the chicken pieces ànd toss to coàt. Cover ànd let màrinàte for àt leàst 30 minutes.
- Spreàd the flour in à shàllow dish; seàson with sàlt ànd pepper. Thoroughly coàt chicken pieces in the seàsoned flour ànd shàke off àny excess before frying.
- … complete instructions >>> salu-salo.com