Chilli Gobi | Cauliflower Chilli – Cauliflower is one of the favorite veggie or even we can say a cute flower. Out of other dishes made of cauliflower, making chilli gobi/gobi 65 would be all time favorite. It is a very popular Indo Chinese dish too. Chilli Gobi is usually served as side dish for fried rice. It is a favourite street food and you will easily find it in all the fast food corners in the country. This Cauliflower Chilli dish can be easily made at home.
From my childhood days, when we cultivate cauliflower in our field, my eyes would be eagerly starving for the flower budding to deep fry out. Here is the little modified recipe from my original traditional method (which I would be posting a little later). Because I prepared today in this method, posted here the same and please do try out.
Ingredients of Chilli Gobi | Cauliflower Chilli:
- Cauliflower -1 medium size
- Maida -3 tsp
- Cornflour -4 tsp
- Rice flour -2 tsp
- Gram flour -1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Soy sauce -1 tsp
- Red Chilli sauce -2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder -2 to 3 tsp
- Vinegar -1 tsp
- Oil to deep fry
Method of Preparation of Chilli Gobi | Cauliflower Chilli
- First, cut and clean the cauliflower into medium size florets.
- Then mix all the above ingredients as a smooth paste by sprinkle little water and spread finely over the cleaned flower.
- Leave aside for about 2-3 hours
- And then deep fry them on medium flame, until golden brown.
- Finally drain it off and keep aside.
- You can add more or reduce the quantity of salt & Spicy as per your taste.
- Addingg gram flour will give a coating consistency for the mixture does not come out in oil while frying. So do not add more than 1/2 tsp of gram, as they become like bonda.
- Take care not to add more water.