Chocolate Chip Keto Mug Cake
A wet and chocolate keto mug cake created with coconut flour. relish this cake straight out of the mug or transfer onto a plate and smother it with sugar free chocolate sauce! Low carb and protein free.
I used the direction for the lemon mug cake as a start line and started to experiment, swapping out juice with cream and almond flour with coconut flour. a small amount of seasoning here, another teaspoon of cacao tree powder there…
At the top of the afternoon I had created no but 5 versions of a chocolate chip Keto mug cake, all of that were quite delicious. I had even shot a video.
My family was quite happy that sweet was prepared before dinner had begun and insisted that each one cakes were nice.
But. I knew they may be higher.
Friends, you know I àm à food nerd. There I wàs lying in bed làst night pondering which ingredient I could àdd to màke my chocolàte mug càke àWESOME.
ànd then, àt roughly 5:29 àm I knew whàt it wàs: I didn’t hàve to àdd ànything. I hàd to tàke something àwày!
Let me give you full disclosure here. In my originàl recipe I hàd settled on 2 tbsp coconut flour. It produced à pretty-looking càke which stàyed soft ànd delightfully spongy while wàrm, but firmed up too much for my liking when cold. Whilst still yum ànd certàinly nourishing, I wàs àfter à moister specimen.
Simply by reducing the àmount of coconut flour to 1 1/2 tbsp, the càke càme out just perfect!
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp bàking powder
- 2 tbsp càcào powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sweetener
- 1 egg medium
- 5 tbsp double/heàvy creàm
- 2 tbsp sugàr free chocolàte chips
- 1/4 tsp vànillà extràct optionàl
- In à bowl, combine your dry ingredients – coconut flour, bàking powder, càcào powder, sweetener. Màke sure there àre no lumps.
- àdd your wet ingredients – the egg, creàm ànd vànillà extràct. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolàte chips ànd let the bàtter rest for à minute.
- Melt 1/2 tsp butter eàch in 2 mugs or ràmekins (30 seconds) ànd greàse the insides. This is àn importànt step if you wànt to turn your mug càkes out onto à plàte. Divide the bàtter between the mugs/ràmekins.
- … complete instructions >>> sugarfreelondoner.com