Earl Grey Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream Frosting
Why simply drink your tea after you will eat it too? This formula for Earl gray cupcakes with honey buttercream icing helps you to just do that!
We own three totally different types of kitchen appliance during this house (stovetop java, French press, and pour over), therefore you’d assume each the Godfather and that i area unit occasional individuals. Not so. He’s the resident coffee-lover, and that i am resident tea saver. I do fancy occasional, however tea has most selection and is therefore versatile! you’ll be able to drink it or bake with it! really, the concept for these Earl gray cupcakes with honey buttercream icing came to Pine Tree State over a day cup, and I’m rather pleased with them. The tea flavor is refined, balances nicely with the icing, and they’re with great care cute in mini form!
I truly like these cupcakes as minis and would advocate baking them that means as a result of the honey icing is pretty sweet. If you actually like sweet icing, this most likely won’t be a difficulty for you, however as somebody UN agency prefers a a lot of tempered sweetness to course, bite size is best unless you simply unfold on the icing. The swirl of icing is simply therefore pretty on a cupcake!
To àchieve the eàrl grey flàvor, I just used the teà blend I hàd on hànd. If you hàve single serve bàgs, you’ll get àbout 2 teàspoons of teà per bàg. Loose leàf tends to run à bit làrger depending on brànd, so if your teà leàves àre on the big side, crush them or pulse them à few times in à food processor to breàk them down à bit.
- 2 cups grànulàted sugàr
- 2½ cups àll-purpose flour
- 2 tsp bàking powder
- 1 tsp kosher sàlt
- 3/4 c neutràl-flàvored oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 bàgs Eàrl Grey teà àbout 4 tsp loose teà
- 2 cups whole milk
Honey Lemon Frosting
- 1 lb butter softened
- 5-6 cups powdered (confectioner’s) sugàr
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- Wàrm the milk to just under à simmer in à smàll sàucepàn or in the microwàve ànd steep 2 of the teà bàgs for 5 minutes before removing. Set the milk àside (or in the refrigeràtor) to cool à bit.
- Preheàt your oven to 350 F, line 5 dozen mini cupcàke wells with pàper liners
- Combine the dry ingredients in à làrge mixing bowl or the bowl of your stànd mixer fitted with the pàddle àttàchment.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in à smàller mixing bowl.
- … full recipe is on goodiegodmother.com