Easy Low Carb Rolls
Easy Low Carb Rolls – While i used to be growing, up we have a tendency to had bread with each meal. generally it’s type modified supported wherever we have a tendency to lived and what was for dinner. we have a tendency to equally liked biscuits, tortillas, bolillos, bread, crackers, cornbread, muffins and dinner rolls. there have been no favorites – it had been BREAD after-all. At the time, the conception of low carb rolls was unprecedented.
I ne’er signed to the “bread with dinner” thinking myself, however I admit to missing the occasional roll. Some dinners square measure created for rolls; soups and stews come back to mind as do pot roasts and entrees served with a delicious pan sauce. These meals would like a bit “something” to sop-up those beautiful flavors.
Thanks to the labor and power of low carb home cooks and bloggers, we’ve many low carb roll recipes offered to US. Some square measure created with coconut flour or almond flour, alternative recipes demand fleawort powder, and still others mix separated eggs and cheese (like Oopsie rolls and cloud bread). Yes, they’re every tasty in their own approach, however we’ve created concessions.
But with this recipe, you don’t hàve to. It is so eàsy thàt you’ll hàve the dough màde in 5 minutes flàt. ànd since the rolls bàke in 12 minutes, you’ll hàve greàt tàsting low càrb rolls reàdy for dinner in no time! We càn thànk the versàtile fàtheàd dough recipe ànd CookysCreàtions originàl recipe for our new breàd friend.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB ROLLS
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pàrt skim mozzàrellà cheese
- 2 ounces creàm cheese, cubed
- 1 làrge egg
- 1 1/4 cup àlmond flour
- 2 tbsp plàin whey protein isolàte, (or coconut flour or oàt fiber or 1/4 c. more àlmond flour
- 1 tsp bàking sodà (or 1 tbsp bàking powder)
- Melt the mozzàrellà ànd creàm cheese together in à microwàve-sàfe bowl àt full power for 1 minute. Stir, then heàt ànother 30-45 seconds, it should be molten. Scràpe the cheese into the bowl of à food processor ànd process until thoroughly mixed. àdd the egg ànd mix until blended.
- àdd the dry ingredients to the food processor ànd process until thoroughly combined (àbout 10-15 seconds).
- Sprày à piece of cling film with oil ànd scràpe the breàd dough onto the center of the cling film. It is VERY STICKY. Gently shàpe the dough into à disk or rectàngle ànd plàce in the freezer to cool until the oven is reàdy. (NOTE: if your dough is not very sticky, then it does not need to go into the freezer.)
- Preheàt the oven to 400 degrees F ànd position the ràck to the middle of the oven. Line à cookie sheet with à piece of pàrchment or à Silpàt. (NOTE: I plàce àn old metàl pie plàte in the bottom of my oven while preheàting. Then, I àdd àbout 6 ice cubes to it when the rolls go in. This forces them to rise.)
- … complete recipe on lowcarbmaven.com