Fresh Field Beans Crunchy
Fresh Field Beans Crunchy – Fresh field beans is called as pacha mochai in Tamil and biologically termed as Fava bean. They actually belong to a pea family with strong and unique flavor. This bean is shown to be highly nutritious and storehouse of many essential nutrients required by the body. They are rich source of cholesterol lowering fiber. Too much consumption can also cause gastric problems in certain individuals. This bean is widely used in Karnataka and tastes really awesome.
Ingredients of Fresh Field Beans Crunchy :
- Fresh field beans -1 cp
- Red chilli powder -1 tsp
- Salt -1/2 tsp
- Oil -1/2 cup to deep fry.
Method of Preparation of Fresh Field Beans Crunchy:
1. This is fresh field bean with husk. Now soak in luke warm water for about 2 to 3 hours to dehusk the outer skin.
3. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the dehusked bean in medium flame. do not burn much as they give bitter taste. Remove from oil in this stage as shown in picture and spead over the tissue paper to remove excess oil content.
4. Heat a pan and dry roast red chilli powder and salt for about 3 to 4 minutes in low flame till the raw smell of chilli goes off. Now add the fried bean and saute for a minute in the roasted chilli powder and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Prepare and store this snack in air tight containers.
- Roast the red chilli powder to avoid the raw smell when add directly to the fried bean. So do not fry too much.
- Don’t be confuse with the name of beans as Mochai can be called as Lima bean/Field bean/Hyacinth bean/Lablab bean
- Botanical Name of Mochai variety what I have used is Dolichos lablab (botanical name)