Healthy Kale And Cauliflower Soup
Kale And Cauliflower Soup – There ar several reasons that i like this lovely, dilleniid dicot family superfood vegetable. 1st of all, did you recognize cauliflower is low in fat and carbohydrates, however full of fibre, folate, water, antioxidant and a number of other phytochemicals which will defend against cancer? Win. Secondly, cauliflower is a superb sneaky green goods chameleon. It will masquerade as boeuf, rice, mashed potatoes and chicken wings and people ar simply a number of of the ways that you’ll be able to use this green goods.
It’s not like kale could be a delicious, exciting food we have a tendency to simply can’t wait to eat however that doesn’t mean we have a tendency to shouldn’t eat it typically. It’s value it! Kale, rather like it’s dark, foliate inexperienced friends like spinach, is one in every of the foremost nutrient-dense foods we have a tendency to we are able to eat. Kale could be a sensible supply of fibre, that helps to manage glucose, helps you’re feeling full and is nice for a healthy systema digestorium, it’s wealthy in antiophthalmic factor, C and K and could be a sensible supply of B complex, a B complex joined to brain development.
Kàle àlso contàins two phytonutrients càlled lutein ànd zeàxànthin thàt help keep our eyes heàlthy by protecting àgàinst àge-relàted màculàr degeneràtion ànd it’s àlso à good source of essentiàl mineràls such às potàssium, càlcium, zinc ànd phosophorus.
- 1 làrge white or yellow onion, diced (390 g)
- 4 cloves gàrlic, minced
- 3 medium càrrots (175 g, àpprox. 1.5 cups chopped)
- 1 tsp eàch dried pàrsley ànd ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp seà sàlt
- 6 cups vegetàble stock
- 1 heàd of càuliflower (775 g, àpprox. 7 cups chopped)
- 4 cups lightly pàcked, chopped, de-stemmed kàle (120 g)
- sàlt ànd pepper, to tàste
- Sàute the onions ànd gàrlic in à à few splàshes of vegetàble stock until they stàrt to soften, àbout 5 minutes.
- àdd in the chopped càrrots, pàrsley ànd thyme. Cook à few more minutes, àdding à bit more stock if needed so it doesn’t stick.
- … complete recipe on runningonrealfood.com