How to Make Homemade Kaju Ki Barfi
How to Make Homemade Kaju Ki Barfi – Kaju barfi is a dessert from the Indian. Kaju actually means cashew nuts and barfi is a kind of Indian sweet usually in a lozenge shape. Barfi is usually but not always, made by thickening dairy with sugar and other ingredients.
It is also known as the staple sweet for every celebration or occasion, Kaju Barfi is the most treasured North Indian sweet. During celebrations like Diwali, a pack of Kaju Barfi will come at every doorstep as a present or just simply bought as sweets for family. However, these melt in the mouth thin pieces of cashew goodness can be made at home with simple ingredients. You can make it in a much healthier way at home.
Recipe Portions: 6
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
Total Time: 35 Mins
Ingredients on How to Make Homemade Kaju Ki Barfi
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1 Cup of Cashew nut Powder
- 6 tbsps. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Saffron
- 1 tsp. Cardamom Powder
Stepwise on How to Make Homemade Kaju Ki Barfi
1. Add sugar, water and saffron in a wide pan and stir continuously until sugar dissolves completely.
2. Add cardamom powder and mix well until it becomes dense and little sticky.
3. Now add the rough powdered cashew nut to the sugar syrup and cook over low heating
4. Stir continuously to make a thick single lump. Don’t stop stirring or else a lot of lumps will form and the mixture may over cooked.
5. Now allow it to cool down till room temperature
6. Take an aluminum tray and transfer the prepared concoction to the tray. Make it a smooth dough so that it can be rolled easily.
7. Use a rolling pin and roll it out in a circular shape.
8. Use a knife to cut it into slices of your choice.
9. Separate the slices and transfer to serving tray
Now your homemade kaju ki barfi is ready to serve as an after meal dessert or you can enjoy it as a snack.