How To Cook Saamai
How To Cook Saamai – Millets (sirudhaaniyam) are traditional, authentic and smallest grain with abundant health benefits. Compared to use of rice in regular diet consuming millets will show a profound change in our health.
Here I have given the measurement for cooking Saamai. There are two varieties in saamai (boiled and raw). I used the boiled saamai. Saamai is called as little milllet in English.
Ingredients of How To Cook Saamai:
- Saamai (either boiled/Raw) – 1 cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Method of Cooking of How To Cook Saamai:
- Clean the millets to remove if any grits in it.
- Wash, add water and let it cook.
- Cover with a lid and cook in medium flame for about 8-10 minutes.
- Rest it aside for about another 10 minutes for the millets to get softer.
- Fluff it with fork and serve with usual sambar, rasam and curd.
Step-wise of Making How To Cook Saamai:
- Measure the Saamai / Little millet
- Wash millets,add water and let it cook in medium flame.
- Cover and Cook for about 10 minutes and put off the flame.
- Rest it aside for another 10 minutes for the millets to become softer.
- Cook until soft, that the cooked millets are not mushy and sticky
- Saamai rice can be served with regular South Indian side dishes
- You can also cook the millets in pressure cooker.
- For 1 cup of rice add 2.5 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistles or as per your preference
- When you cook millets in open pan,give a fine stir in between to get cooked evenly.
- Serve with regular south Indian Sambar, Rasam and poriyal and finish with a perfect curd combination.