How to Sprout Grains Using Hot Pack
How to sprout grains using a hot pack or hot case | Tips for sprouting multiple grains – Sprouts are the healthiest, Low fat meal which can be either eaten raw or cooked/steamed. Sprouted grain are mainly rich in protein, fiber, proteins, vitamins and antioxidants.
Sprouts provide high amount of energy. I have post for about the Topmost health benefits of sprouts in my earlier post and also stated about how to use in regular cooking too.
Ingredients on How to sprout grains using a hot pack or hot case:
- Green gram / Pachai payiru
- Horse gram / Kollu
- Finger millet / Ragi
- Chick pea / Konda kadalai / Kabuli & brown Channa
- Pearl Millet / Kambu / Bajra
- Sorghum / Chollam / Jowar
List of Recipes prepared using SPROUTS:
- Sprouts Vegetable Pulao
- Pepper sauted sprout salad
- Protein rich sprouted soup
Method in Stepwise pictures on How to sprout grains using a hot pack or hot case:
1. Wash and Soak the grain separately in bowl for overnight
2. Next day drain the water and add the soaked grains in a hot case.
3. For sprouting multiple grains spread a wet muslin cloth above the added grain
4. Now add the other variety of grain
5. In the same way do for other hot case too. Pack tightly and set aside for a day
6. In 10-12 hours you can find small sprout coming out. But this is not enough to be called as perfect sprouts
7. Keep it covered for another 10-12 hours until you get a perfect sprout as shown below.
8. Store in airtight containers and refrigerate. This can be stored for about a week
- Do not mix the grains for sprouting as each grain varies in its sprouting duration.
- You can also use a cloth, tie it tightly and keep covered in air tight container for sprouting. Click here to know the stepwise picture for this.
- You can either use as snipe strain sprout or in mixed form when preparing recipes.
- Take care to finish up the sprouted grains as early as possible because nutrition is retained good in freshly sprouted grains
- Click the link to know more about the health benefits of sprouts.
- If you feel that grains of same variety is not sprouted completely, then follow the steps as shown below :
- For Imperfect Sprouting : SPREAD, COLLECT, COVER AGAIN and check whether the remaining grains are sprouted completely after another 10 hours.
- This would be the maximum time to sprout. So stop the process after that and start using the grain (sprouted &if any left out as non sprout) together and use for the recipe/cooking of your choice.