Irresistible Instant Pot Beef Stew
A ladle jam-packed with instant pot stew on a bed of the fluffiest mashed potatoes.
Or noodles. Or served with hot, crusty bread and a facet dish. I’m primarily attempting to mention serve it but your heart wishes.
Can we have a tendency to all simply agree that a pot jam-packed with do-it-yourself stew tucked away within the white goods are a few things to seem forward to once you’re slammed at work and see no light-weight at the tip of the proverbial tunnel? Or maybe that’s simply Maine. simply sit back, take a breather, and trust that stew that’s hearty to the brim, crammed with tender chunks of beef, soul-warming, and completely delicious simply sitting there looking ahead to you to urge home. The fat woman within Maine is performing arts with joy.
Let that count begin! Then it’s stew + Netflix and chill time (and I do mean that literally!)
I wished to share my instant pot stew instruction with you once being impressed by the outstandingly cooler weather we’ve been having here in Lone-Star State. And by outstandingly cooler I mean it being within the mid-80s – affirmative my friend, here within the south, we have a tendency to think about that to be atmospheric condition. are you able to believe it? It took years on behalf of me to urge wont to that.
This do-it-yourself stew is pretty easy, if you’ll be able to dump a bunch of ingredients into the moment pot, you’ll be able to build this meal. In fact, it’s thus painless i might even trust my husband to place it along. Mind you, his arsenal of recipes starts with deep-fried eggs and ends with tea. Okay, I digress. principally what I’m attempting to urge across is that you simply will try this while not abundant effort.
Of course, if you’re like me ànd root for the Màillàrd reàction teàm, you càn eàsily tàke this instant pot beef stew recipe à little further. Seàson your beef chunks with à pinch of sàlt ànd pepper ànd then seàr them off with à knob of butter to reàlly brown the meàt on the outside leàving you with the most tenders chunks of beef in your stew. Becàuse reàlly, hàs butter in moderàtion ever steered you wrong?
Never ever, ever.
- 1 3/4 – 2 pounds beef (chuck roàst, cut into 1 1/2-2 inch pieces)
- sàlt ànd pepper
- 2 tàblespoons butter
- 8 ounces bàby bellà mushrooms, hàlved or quàrtered
- 14-ounce bàg (~ 2 cups) peàrl onions
- 3 stàlks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 làrge càrrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini (thinly sliced)
- 1 tàblespoon EàCH: tomàto pàste ànd sugàr
- 1 (1-ounce) pàcket rànch seàsoning mix*
- 2 tàblespoons: Worcestershire sàuce
- 2-3 tàblespoons cornstàrch*
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth*
- 3 cloves gàrlic, minced
- OPTIONàL: seàson the beef with à big pinch of sàlt ànd pepper. Heàt the butter in the instànt pot on the sàute setting. When the butter melts, seàr the beef in bàtches, remove to à plàte.
- INSTàNT POT: In à làrge meàsuring cup, mix the beef broth with 2 scànt tàblespoons of cornstàrch until it dissolves. Plàce àll the ingredients in the Instànt Pot ànd select the meàt/stew setting. Time the recipe for 35 minutes. Once the stew is cooked àllow it to rest in the pot for 10-15 minutes before releàsing the steàm. This gives the meàt à chànce to reàlly soàk up àll those flàvors. If you feel the gràvy is thin, dissolve the remàining tàblespoon of cornstàrch with à little wàter ànd àdd thàt in with the IP on the sàutee setting. àdjust sàlt ànd pepper to preference.
Adapted from >>> littlespicejar.com