Kesar Milk Masala Powder – I bought this box thinking as kesar or Saffron. But when I opened found like a creamy white powder form which can be used in preparing milk shakes, Kheer, Kulfis and many more. The small box contains about only 2-3 tbsp of powder which we will not buy all the time. Was thinking why cant I prepare and store this for regular use.
I felt good in preparing storing because it contains nutmeg, mace, saffron and cardamom which are the wonderful spices loaded with plenty of health benefits. Also I am regular user of carrot in making Kheer. So this would be a better way I hope.
Ingredients of Kesar Milk Masala Powder:
- Cashews – 10
- Badam/Almonds -20
- Pistachios – 20
- Nutmug / Jaadhikai – 2 pinches in powder form
- Mace / Javithri – half strand
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Saffron/Kesar – 10 pieces
Method of Preparation of Kesar Milk Masala Powder:
- Grate the Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios and nutmeg (give just two scraps)
- Take out the grater and collect the residues (big pieces of nuts) left behind.
- Take out one strand from mace (javithri) and take out seeds from cardamom as shown.
- Finely chop the mace and add into the mixer.
- Also add cardamom seeds, Saffron (kesar) and the residues of grated nuts.
- Grind to a fine powder.
- Add into the finely grated nuts powder.
- Mix well until even.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for future use.
This recipe of preparing nuts powder is used in making Carrot Kheer
- You can use it while preparing Kheer, Kulfi, Ice creams and many more..
- You can also add this to milk as kids drink at-least weekly twice.
- Add nutmeg in pinches, so do not grate more as it changes the odor and flavor of milk masala.
- Nutmeg increases Serotonin hormone levels and promotes a good sleep.
- Be careful while grating as it may hurt your fingers ?
- Do not grind the whole ingredients in blender as it becomes like paste form (because the nuts contain oil content which makes them thick)
- So grind only the residues left back to get fine powder of it.
- You can also roast cashews in medium hot kadai before to get rid of the moisture content in cashews which gives you a crispy powder.