Kesar Pista Phirni – It really as delicious as it could be, it’s also very easy to prepare. Phirni meaning Kheer of grounded rice flour where we can also add our most liked dried fruits. Phirni has many flavors and aromas which we can put together like Kesar Pista Phirni,
The delicious blend of Milk and Rice, with sugar, flavored with green cardamom powder, sparkled with rose water and enriched with saffron, garnished with pistachio nuts and rose petals.
Eating a hearty rice pudding is usually one I associate with warmth comfort and winter. But when it comes to Phirni a chilled bowlful of the delicious pudding made with ground rice and creamy rich milk is the way I liked it most.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 mins
Ingredients of Kesar Pista Phirni
- 1 1/4 liter Milk, full cream
- Rice, soaked
- 1 gram Saffron (broiled)
- 30 gram Pistachios
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Green cardamom powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. Rose water
- 15 Gram Pistachio (slivered)
- 1/2 Gram Saffron (broiled)
- 2 tsp Rose petals dried out
Steps to Make Kesar Pista Phirni
1. Wash and soak rice for 1 1/2 hours.
2. Boil mil in a heavy bottomed pan and set aside. Drain and grind the rice coarsely.
3. Broil saffron and set aside. Blanch pistachios, peel off and cut into slivers.
4. Add the coarsely ground rice paste to the milk and stirring continuously so that there are no lumps and it does not burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
5. Add Sugars and mix well. Then add green cardamom powder saffron and mix them. Add rose water. Once the mixtures starts thickening take it off the flame.
6. Pour into soaked Kasoras / earthenware pots and keep them in the refrigerator to chill for 1 to at least one 1 1/2 hours. Garnished with slivered pistachio nuts, saffron and dried out rose petals.
7. Serve chilled.
- Prepare phirni by using a heavy bottomed pan in order to avoid it to sticking to the bottom of the utensil and also to prevent it from burning up.