Kitchen Tips – Kitchen Tips is an vital requirement in every space of our kitchen. Right from cleaning, chopping, cooking somewhere or he other we look for a small tip to be out of some mess or confusions. Here are few tips I follow, which I have learnt by my own experiences mostly, Few from Mother in law, Mom and friends. Few I have Pictured for your better understanding.
Below is Kitchen Tips that can be performed to making all about recipe
Tips for making Idli/Dosa :
- Use the freshly ground batter for idli and a day after for making dosa.
- For soft idlis add a handful of poha while soaking urad dal.
- When making dosa take 2 cups of batter in separate bowl,add little water and use.
- Drizzle a mix of oil + ghee for tasty dosas.
- If you are using iron pan, do not wash every time you use,instead wipe with tissue paper,cover and set aside.
- Next time when making dosa sprinkle water,wipe with a cloth and use.
- Based on health benefits skip refined oils and use gingelly oil / groundnut oil to spread when making dosa.
Tips for making Chapati :
- Make sure to knead the dough softly and fast.
- You can use plain water and salt to knead the dough
- Add a TSP of oil + salt + warm water to knead
- Add TSP of ghee/butter + little milk and knead with water
- After placing rolled dough on hot tawa make sure to flip other side quickly which prevents from hardening.
- Adding ghee/butter along with oil adds taste to chapati
Tips for making Sambar/ Rasam :
- Use combination of Toor dal and moong dal for thick consistency Sambar
- Make sure to add a TSP of castor oil (many don’t use in cooking) else ghee when cooking dal.
- Add a tomato along with dal while cooking. Then extract water along with tomato for making Rasam.
- Making Rasam with dal water tastes perfect.
- Add a pinch of hing(asafoetida) in oil while seasoning for Rasam.
- Do not boil the Rasam prepared with dal water, instead put off flame once starts bubbling in the sides
- But make sure to boil tomato rasam and other varieties
- Use Sambar onion/pearl onions for authentic Sambar.
- Add tamarind water and Sambar powder 5 minutes before you put off flame.
- If you find the Sambar/curries /gravies salty add cubes of peeled potato to absorb excess salt.
- Ad a pinch of jaggery when you make Sambar and pulikuzhambu/vathakuzhambu
- Use gingelly/sesame oil and shallots/small onions when preparing pulikuzhambu/vathakuzhambu
Tips for Utensils/Storage :
- Use separate kadai for deep frying and sautéing/cooking, because when you add oil to deep-fry the kadai/wok becomes sticky,resulting yellow color along the sides.
- Keep separate pan for making dosa, Chappathi and egg
- Always use a tooth brush to clean the edges of Utensils and back side of mixer jar
- Use mild liquid detergents to was you water bottles,plastic boxes and tiffin boxes
- Make sure to label all masalas and spice powder for easy pickup
- Always buy adequate quantity of dal to avoid spoilage.
- Never store salt,tamarind in plastic boxes. Instead use ceramic, glass,porcelain
- Use sponge scrub to clean your stove top and new vessels to get of scratches
- Add a tsp of detergent powder in sink hole to prevent odor
- Mix vinegar/lemon with water when cleaning inside refrigerator to prevent odou