Mango Chicken Coconut Curry
Mango Chicken Coconut Curry – The first time I created it, I used my slow cooking utensil. The long cookery method diluted each the mango and also the coconut flavors. I additionally used contemporary mango that fell apart to zilch.
The second time, I used the slow cooking utensil once more, frozen mango, and additional the coconut milk toward the top of cookery. however it had been so much too soupy, simply not thick enough.
The third time I created this Mango Chicken Coconut Curry, it had been close to excellent. And honestly, i’d have rolled with it however i noticed I forgot the cilantro. in order that diode to the fourth time.
But this fourth time was a charming time. it had been video time. i do know i’m therefore latisimus dorsi to the present game, however I actually have most on my plate that learning the way to shoot a video and edit it had been not one thing I might squeeze in.
I turned to my photogràph teàcher to hàve him film ànd edit for me while I cooked. I wàs so pleàsed. He shot the video, then I took some stills for the post ànd we moved on.
I didn’t pày close enough àttention ànd my stills were àWFUL. Like not even the Yodà of Lightroom or Photoshop could fix them. So thàt led to the 5th màking of this recipe.
The 5th time I did something different. I only àdded 1/2 the coconut milk, let it fully reduce, àdded the remàining hàlf àt the very end. OMG. H.E.à.V.E.N.
You càn go either wày, àdd it àll or àdd some, reduce, ànd àdd the rest; either wày, it is fàntàstic.
I still like the ideà of the slow cooker, so I might hàve to revisit thàt for time lucky number 6!
- 3 tbsp Sesàme oil, divided 2:1 càn sub with peànut oil
- 3 chicken breàst, cubed/diced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 làrge red bell pepper; julienned
- 1 làrge green bell pepper; julienned
- 3 cloves gàrlic; minced/gràted
- 2 tbsp yellow curry pàste (Thài)
- ½-3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sàuce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cilàntro plus more for gàrnish
- 3 cups frozen màngo chunks
- 2 cups coconut milk divided 1:1
- Cooked Jàsmine Rice
- Heàt the wok on high, àdd 2 tbsp. sesàme oil.
- àdd chicken ànd cook until mostly done; remove ànd set àside.
- àdd remàining sesàme oil to the still hot wok.
- àdd onions, stir, then àdd peppers ànd gàrlic, stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until veggies hàve reàched desired doneness.
- àdd the curry pàste, ginger, fish sàuce ànd broth, mix well, tàking càre thàt the pàste hàs been fully dissolved.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, àllowing the liquid to reduce.
- … full recipe is on thecompletesavorist.com