Masala Puri Chaat Recipe – Masala puri is a very popular variety of all the Indian Chaat recipes and my favorite too.This is one chat recipe which can be easily prepared at home at all occasions. Though masala puri can be found in all hotels and food courts, the one which I love is from the small shops and posted recipe here is of same version.
The word Masala puri always reminds my college days where I first tasted the chaat when am away from home. Such an awesome taste it has with not much spices and masalas but as years passed by I was not getting the originality of what I initially tasted and not all shops had the similar taste. So there I decided to try on my own. I collected couple of recipe method and altered the recipe to quench my thirst of expectation. Yes… this is what I wanted and would like to share with you all
Thats a small story behind, lets move on to the recipe. The preparation of Gravy/Ragda for Masala puri/Masal puri is posted in my previous post. (The gravy of masala puri/other Indan chat is called as RAGDA)
Ingredients of Masala Puri Chaat Recipe :
- Ragda / Gravy – Click link for stepwise preparation.
- Golgappa or Puri – 1 packet
- Grated carrot
- Finely chopped onions
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Thin Sev – 2-3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – optional
- Crushed puris – 1/4 cup
Method of Preparation for Masala Puri Chaat Recipe:
- Give a gentle press in the center of the puri to make a small hole and arrange in a plate.
- Take a scoop of ragda and pour in all the puri you have arranged.
- Also spread the gravy/ragda around the puri’s.
- Garnish crushed puris, chopped onion, grated carrot, finely chopped coriander leaves, sev.
- Serve the yummy plater of Masala puri.
Stepwise preparation of Masala Puri Chaat Recipe:
1.Take the Ragda/ Masala puri gravy and set ready
- Click here for stepwise preparation of Ragda/gravy for Masala puri
- Squeezing lemon juice at the end is of your choice.
- You can also sprinkle chat masala powder while serving.
- The ragda/gravy becomes thick when you set aside after preparing.
- You can adjust the consistency by adding hot water and boiling for a minute.
- When the gravy/ragda is thick you feel heavy to eat. so consistency is major factor while serving.