Mushroom Gravy – Mushrooms are good source of Selenium and like us they produce Vitamin D when exposed to Sunlight. This recipe I got from my cousin sister, a perfect cook in simple. Its so simple and easy to prepare only it takes time to ooze out oil. This gravy would be a perfect choice for Roti/Parata/Naan/Chapati. Button mushrooms are the widely used variety over the globe and are fairly rich in vitamins and minerals. They are found to have adequate content of potassium and Vitamin B, especially rich in folate (bioavailable natural form of Vitamin B9).
Ingredients of Mushroom Gravy:
- Mushrooms – 1 cup/250 gms
- Onion – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
To fry and grind:
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Shallots – 1 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Clove – 2
- Jeera/ cumin seed – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation of Mushroom Gravy:
- Heat oil and fry the items listed under “Fry and grind”. Cool and make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil, Fry onion,ginger garlic paste, diced mushroom.
- Add the paste+ water 1/2 cup, salt and cook until oil ooze out.
- Serve hot with roti/chapati/phulka
Step-wise of Making Mushroom Gravy:
- Heat oil in pan, add cinnamon stick, clove.
- Add the diced shallots.
- When it is half fried add Jeera/cumin seeds.
- Add Coriander powder, Red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Fry well. Allow it to cool and make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in wide pan, add the sliced onion and fry well.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Meanwhile wash and dice the mushroom into halves.
- Add in the mushroom, let it cook covered in low flame. Do not add water.
- Add in the ground paste and mix well.
- Add in 1 cup water,salt and let the gravy cook in low flame.
- Let it cook until oil oozes out.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve hot.
- Do not add whole/dry chilli for this recipe.
- Do not add water/even sprinkle water for the mushroom to get cooked. Mushrooms tend to leave water once covered with lid.
- Use a wide pan or even a pressure pan.
- Let the gravy cook until oil ooze out to get the perfect taste.
- Adding coriander leaves is optional.