Palak Creamy Paneer Recipe
Palak Creamy Paneer Recipe – Because we do not use much of fresh creams in our regular South Indian cooking, I totally forgot my store bought fresh cream unnoticed more than a week. We mostly use about 1-2 tsp of cream in any gravies prepared, then remaining pack goes off waste.So I never buy it, instead use a home made one. Click the link for the Substitute of Fresh cream. But this time needed as change as I wanted to taste the store bought fresh cream !! So preferred store bought pack in this recipe. Paneer is my all time favorite and that too blended with fresh cream enhances the taste still better.
Ingredients of Palak Creamy Paneer Recipe:
- Paneer – 1 cup hopped in cubes
- Palak / Spinach – 1 cup roughly chopped
- Onion -1
- Green chilli – 2
- Cashews – 10
- Jeera / Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1
- Black salt – 2 pinch
- Kasuri methi/ Dries fenugreek leaves – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation of Palak Creamy Paneer Recipe:
- For onion paste : Chop the onion, take whole cashews and chilli. Add 1/2 cup water and let it cook.
- After 3-4 minutes put off the flame, allow it to cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook spinach.
- Drain out excess water, allow it to cool and grind as smooth puree.
- Heat oil in pan, add jeera/cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Now add in the onion paste and fry well.
- Now add in chopped tomatoes and cook in low flame.
- When the colour changes to slight brown as shown in the picture go for adding next ingredient.
- Add the spinach puree.
- After 2 minutes add the dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, salt and black salt.
- Cook well for 3 minutes and add in paneer cubes cover with a lid and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add in fresh cream and mix well for about 1 minute.
- Add additional tsp of fresh cream and put off the flame.
- Transfer to a bowl serve as side dish for Roti / Chapatti / Phulka of your choice.
- You can also wash the cooked spinach with ice cubes mixed water to retain the green color. This step you can follow when you prepare palak paneer.
- You can also fry the paneer to slight golden brown.
- Take care not to add too much of black salt more than given quantity because that would give a pungent smell and spoil the total gravy.
- The given quantity serves 3-4 members so increase your ingredients according to your requirement.