Pepper Soya Chunks
Pepper Soya Chunks | Soya Chunks Pepper Fry – Soya chunks are made from soy beans and they work well as meat substitutes. These comes in many forms like regular chunks, mini and also in the form of granules which can be useful in many ways. Soya chunks are in dry form when bought and it doesn’t have that much flavor. It is reconstituted with water to become spongy. When it absorbs spices and masala it flavors well. Soyabeans must be cooked completely, it is poisonous when eaten raw.
Health Benefits of Soya Chunks:
- Soya and its derivatives contain complete protein with all essential amino acids, which is major requirement during cell repair.
- The protein content in soya is high when compared to meat and eggs.
- They are also rich in carbohydrates, Iron and calcium too.
- Though it is wide spread that soya is so healthy and nutritious there are hidden truth behind that consuming too much of soya or adding soya regularly in normal diet is not that healthy too..
- Soya can be a wonderful super food or hormone disrupting poison either.
Method of Preparation of Pepper Soya Chunks:
- Boil 1 cup of water and cook the Soya chucks for about 2 minutes until spongy.
- Drain the water and squeeze out excess water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and let it splutter. Add a tsp of red chilli powder.
- Fry the onions, curry leaves, red chillies, ginger-garlic paste in medium flame.
- Then add the cooked soya chucks and saute for about a minute.
- Pour in salt, turmeric powder and pepper powder.
- Add in a tsp of grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add about quarter tsp of lemon juice and put off the flame.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
- Adding of coconut is purely optional.
- This recipe is so simple without any additional spices or masala , so quite healthy too
- You can serve either as snack or as a starters along with main course
- Adding lemon juice makes the pepper and spice will make it blend evenly with each chunk.
- While adding red chilli in oil, take care not to burn as they tend to burn easily, because of adding in direct oil.