Potato Tikka | Potato Tikka On Tawa – I have stated about the plenty of available health benefits of potatoes in my previous posts. As you all know like onion, potato is one of the readily available ingredient in all the kitchen. Here is a simple healthy snack Potato Tikka for all age groups. Usually tikkas are more healthier compared to deep fried stuffs as they are toasted on tawa with less oil consumption. This recipe is quite simple and easy to make, and very delicious too. You should try it.
Ingredients of Potato Tikka :
- Potato – 3 to 4
- Onion – 2 medium sized
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
Method of Preparation of Potato Tikka :
- Pressure cook potatoes with 2 whistles.
- Allow it to cool. Peel off the skin and smash.
- Add oil in hot kadai and fry finely chopped onions.
- Once onion turns translucent add the spice powders along with salt.
- Fry well until raw smell goes off
- Add to the mashed potatoes. Also add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well until all ingredients get together.
- Make fine balls taking adequate amount of potato mix.
- Flatten either using tumblers shown on the picture.
- Else flatten using your palm.
- Sprinkle just little oil on hot tawa and toast the flatten potato mix.
- Now the tikkas are ready to serve.
- You can serve with tomato ketch up or sauce.
- The above shown method of making shapes using tumblers works better for preparing cutlets. Click on the link to view vegetable cutlI flattened the shaped using my palm.
- Adding of grated carrot is an additional choice. I will post about the stuffing of cheese in later posts.