Protein Rich Sprouted Moong Dal Soup
Protein Rich Sprouted Moong Dal Soup – Green gram is generally nutritious, sprouted form of moong dal are rich in Vitamin K (essential for blood clotting), Vitamin C (protects cells from free radicals),iron, folate (requires to make healthy blood cells and during first 28 days of pregnancy folate prevents birth defects with brain and spinal cord).This soup is generally suitable for all age groups from infants to elders. For infants this soup can be introduced from his/her 10th month onwards. Refer below for small tip.
Ingredients of Protein Rich Sprouted Moong Dal Soup:
- Sprouted moong/green gram -2 cup
- Onion -1 small size
- Tomato -1
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
- Butter -1 tbsp
- White pepper powder -2 tsp
- Salt as required
- Water -3 to 4 cups
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
Method of Preparation of Protein Rich Sprouted Moong Dal Soup:
- Wash and Soak green gram for about 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water out and fold tightly in a cloth and place it in an air tight container for about 24 hours for sprouting.
- Pressure cook sprouted moong for about 2 whistles.
- Grind the cooked sprouts, make a paste of onion and tomato separately.
- Heat butter in a pan, add onion paste, ginger garlic paste and tomato paste. Fry well till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the grinded sprout paste, water, salt and pepper powder and bring to boil. Let it cook in low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Increase the quantity of water if you want to get a soup consistency.
- If butter is not available you can use even use a tsp of ghee.
- Paste onion and tomato separately and fry one by one.
- You can replace white pepper with black pepper, but soups tastes good with white pepper always.
- When making for infants reduce the amount of pepper and salt. Remaining ingredients can be added as stated as it gives a good flavour and taste.