Rava Kesari | Kesar Bath | Sweet Khichidi – Rava kesari is a simple sweet recipe prepared in very short time. The main ingredient is semolina in English and called as Sooji in Hindi. The health benefit of Semolina includes richest source of Vitamin E and B complex and mainly thanks for its richest potassium content, improving a very good kidney function. This sweet form of semolina is prepared whenever we have unplanned guest arrival at home. The main ingredient is available all time in storage box…so keep a note of it and try out the simple sweet.
Ingredients of Rava Kesari:
- Semolina/White rava – 1 cup
- Water -4 cups
- Refined oil -1/2 cup
- Sugar -2 cups
- Ghee -3 tbsp
- Broken cashews -1 tbsp
- Raisins -1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder -a pinch for coloring agent
Method of Rava Kesari:
- Firstly, heat 1 tbsp of ghee and fry the semolina till you get a nice roasted aroma. While frying add a pinch of turmeric powder to get the colour.
- Then fry the rava in low flame with continuous stirring to get roasted evenly.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oil and boil the water and keep aside.
- Now add the water slowly with continuous stirring.
- After 2 minutes, add the heated oil and mix well till the semolina is cooked.
- Start adding the sugar and stir well until the sugar gets melted. Add the cardamom powder in this stage to get blended with the kesari.
- Then Heat the remaining ghee and fry cashews and raisins and add to the kesari/Khichdi
- Ghee is the major ingredient for flavor and taste.
- Take care not to get clumps formed when adding each ingredient. So give a continuous stirring in between.
- Cook in low flame to avoid getting semolina roasted in brown colour. Add the ingredient in appropriate measurement to get a fine texture.
- You can add additional ghee as per your requirement.
- Turmeric powder is just coloring agent, if you wish you can add food colors of your choice. Usually (lemon yellow, orange colors are used for making this sweet)