Simple Mushroom Biryani | Mushroom Mint Biryani
Simple Mushroom Biryani | Mushroom Mint Biryani – Mushrooms are rich in folic acid and its good for health when added in your regular diet either in the form of curries, gravies, soups, stir fry. Biryani is one of the all time favorite South Indian recipe prepared during most of the festive occasions or in regular cooking.
Though the recipes of Pulao and biryani are similar there are only slight variations. Am not a big fan of biryani before my marriage.Not any specific reasons, just because of more added masalas and spices. But like opposite poles my hubby is fond of biryani and there I started preparing once in a while. My biryani is always mild and soft without strong flavor, which my hubby also loves so 🙂 So you can adjust with extra added flavors of whole spices as per your taste.
The Ingredients for Simple Mushroom Biryani | Mushroom Mint Biryani:
- Mushroom – 200g
- Onion – 1 sliced
- Tomato half chopped
- Bay leaf – 1
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Rice – 1.5 cup
- Water – 2.5 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
To grind as paste :
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Saunf /Fennel seed – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Clove – 1
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Garlic – 4-5 pods
- Green chili – 1
- Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
- Mushroom – 200g
The Method of Preparation for Simple Mushroom Biryani | Mushroom Mint Biryani
- Clean and dice the mushrooms into either two or four pieces.
- Heat oil : Bay leaf,onion,ground paste, tomato and fry well
- Add mushrooms, turmeric powder and let it cook soft.
- Add rice, curd, water and salt.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Serve hot
Step wise pictures of preparing Simple Mushroom Biryani | Mushroom Mint Biryani
- Wash mushrooms and dice into four pieces
- Heat oil in a pan, add a bay leaf
- Add the sliced onion and fry until translucent
- Add the ground paste
- Sauté for a minute and add sliced tomato
- Fry until tomatoes are soft
- Add mushrooms and give a fine stir
- Cover and cook until mushrooms are soft along with a tsp of turmeric powder
- Water would have evaporated by the time mushrooms are soft
- Add the washed rice and curd
- Mix well
- Add water
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Once pressure down, fluff gently using fork
- Serve hot with raita
Note for Simple Mushroom Biryani | Mushroom Mint Biryani
- You can use either basmati or normal cooking rice.
- Adjust chillies as per your spice requirement.
- You can also add chill powder along with turmeric powder.
- Do not add water for mushroom to get cooked as they tend to leave out water by themselves.