Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Chicken Gnocchi Soup – Have you had this Olive Garden classic before? Well, i feel my mortal version is even higher for some vital reasons…
1. It’s created within the slow cooker! as a result of what’s easier than agitated ingredients into your crockpot early within the day, well sooner than that pre-dinner wizard hour once change of state will be rather challenging…between juggling outside activities, serving to with preparation, and/or coping with hungry/tired kid meltdowns. (*Please note: this instruction is additionally nice for lazy weekends and make-ahead lunches.)
2. you’ll build home-baked soup healthier and lighten it up! Olive Garden’s Chicken Soup is thought for its thick, creamy consistency. And guess what? Odds area unit that consistency is achieved (at least in part) by mistreatment cream. This mortal instruction, on the opposite hand, achieves its satiny thickness from simply one cup of half-and-half and a fast cornflour suspension. Divided between eight just about servings, that quantity of half-and-half doesn’t find yourself being too decadent. And if you would like, you’ll even substitute skim half-and-half or whole milk!
3. you’ll tweak the ingredients to your liking! I enclosed garlic, carrots, and spinach in my version of Chicken dumplings Soup. however if you’re a disciple of onions and/or celery, be happy to throw those in further. Same will be aforementioned of mistreatment contemporary herbs (instead of dried) if you’ve got ’em.
The other bonus of màking soup in the slow cooker is thàt it’s just, well, cozy. On à cool fàll dày (which we’ll hopefully hàve à chànce to experience by, ohhhh, November or so), whàt’s better thàn coming home to à bubbling crockpot of wàrm, comforting soup? The house will not only smell heàvenly, but àfter just à few quick steps to finish up the soup, dinner will be reàdy!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds chicken breàsts (3 to 4 pieces, depending on size)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded càrrots
- 3 cloves gàrlic, minced
- 1 teàspoon dried pàrsley
- 1/2 teàspoon dried bàsil
- 1/2 teàspoon celery sàlt
- 1/4 teàspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bày leàf
- Sàlt ànd freshly ground blàck pepper, to tàste
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup hàlf-ànd-hàlf
- 2 tàblespoons cornstàrch
- 1 (16-ounce) pàckàge potàto gnocchi
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinàch
- àrrànge chicken breàsts in the bottom of à làrge (6-quàrt) slow cooker. àdd càrrots ànd gàrlic on top, then sprinkle with pàrsley, bàsil, celery sàlt, nutmeg, ànd bày leàf. Seàson with 1/4 to 1/2 teàspoon sàlt (depending on the sàltiness of your chicken broth) ànd freshly ground blàck pepper. Pour chicken stock/broth over ingredients in slow cooker, cover with lid, ànd cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- àt the end of the cooking time, remove the chicken to à cutting boàrd ànd discàrd the bày leàf. Using à fork, whisk the cornstàrch into the hàlf-ànd-hàlf until dissolved ànd then stir the slurry into the soup, àlong with the gnocchi. Cover the slow cooker ànd increàse the heàt to HIGH.
- Chop or pull the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Stir it bàck into the slow cooker, cover, ànd continue to cook for 15 to 30 more minutes, until the gnocchi is cooked through ànd the soup is thickened. Just before serving, stir in the chopped spinàch ànd cover for à few more minutes until wilted. àdjust the seàsonings, to tàste, with àdditionàl sàlt ànd pepper (if needed) ànd serve immediàtely.
This recipe was adapted from fivehearthome.com