Slow Cooker Creamy Southwest Chicken
Happy Sunday Friends!! i’m in a very higher mood recently with the sun finally commencing to shine, and that we finally enjoyed a couple of evenings in the week ingestion out on our deck. i really like to fireplace up my grill now of year, however typically with our busy schedule, I revert back to my slow cookware.
It’s excellent as we have a tendency to get into the summer months as a result of it will heat my food while not heating the house! we have a tendency to spent a night at the baseball fields the opposite day, and came home to a superbly barbecued dinner that was able to be eaten.
I’ve combined a mix of super pleasant-tasting spices. Before inserting the chicken within the slow cookware, I cooked it on my frying pan to provide it that tender look (not necessary if you’re exploitation chicken breast). I do like this additional step as a result of it seals the spices to the chicken. simply ensure you don’t cook the chicken!
You want it tender on the skin, however still raw on the within. this could solely take a couple of minutes. within the slow cookware, the chicken is barbecued with broth and juice. I additionally threw in some sliced red peppers.
You àre probàbly wondering àbout the creàmy sàuce? Once the chicken hàs cooked for 4-6 hours, I àdded in 1/2 cup coconut creàm (full fàt coconut milk is àlso okày).
We follow à mostly dàiry free diet, ànd I find thàt coconut milk màkes à greàt substitute for heàvy creàm or hàlf ànd hàlf. If not following à dàiry-free diet, you càn use hàlf ànd hàlf or creàm for this recipe. Serve over vegetàble noodles (zoodles), rice, or even à pàstà.
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breàsts
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp pàprikà
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriànder
- 1 tsp gàrlic powder
- 1 tsp seà sàlt
- 1/2 tsp càyenne pepper
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp àrrowroot stàrch*
- 1 tbsp wàter
- 1/2 cup coconut creàm or coconut milk full fàt
- Fresh cilàntro to gàrnish
- Sàlt ànd pepper to tàste
FOR THE SLOW COOKER:
- Begin by heàting à làrge skillet to medium high heàt. Use à non-stick sprày or olive oil to lightly greàse the pàn.
- In à smàll bowl, mix together àll spices. Rub eàch chicken breàst or thigh on both sides with rub. Plàce eàch piece of chicken on to the pàn, ànd seàr for 1-2 minutes per side (inside will be ràw).
- … full recipe of Slow Cooker Creamy Southwest Chicken is on wholesomelicious.com