Soya Mint Pulao
Soya Mint Pulao – Are you still looking for a simple biryani/pulao recipe which you can cook in hurry. This mint pulao recipe has become my regular menu atleast twice a week because of its mild and pleasant aroma. This recipe would be of great choice when you are inviting guest for lunch or dinner, as you do need to spend your time near this recipe to be prepared. Just grind, fry and pressure cook is the entire step to complete this recipe of pulao. Only thing is you need either a handful of mint leaves or coriander leaves or even both. This recipe is kids friendly too.
Ingredients of Soya Mint Pulao :
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2.5 cups
- Soya chunks – 3/4 cup
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee/Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp
To grind as paste :
- Mint /Pudhina leaves – a handful
- Coriander /dhaniya leaves – a handful
- Peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Jeera/ cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Clove – 2
- Green chiili – 1
- Garlic – 3
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
Method of Preparation of Soya Mint Pulao:
- Heat oil + ghee : add bay leaf and green paste
- Add coriander powder, soya chunks, water, rice and salt
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
Step-wise of making Soya Mint Pulao:
- Grind the ingredients listed under to grind as smooth paste
- Heat oil + ghee in a pan
- Add bay leaf and ground paste
- Add coriander powder, soya chunks, rice, water and salt
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles and serve hot
- For this recipe to prepare you either need mint leaves or coriander leaves or both.
- Frying of onion and tomato need to be sauted carefully, hence it consumes time for frying/cooking. But this recipe doesn’t contain onion or tomato so it can be prepared easy.
- Adding ghee gives a fine aroma and taste, so be add adequate amount of ghee. If you find the pulao to be dry after cooking, you can also add additional amount of ghee on the top and mix well.
- Just wash the soya chunks and add into pan. I used small variety.
- If you using bigger chunks, soak in water, cut into half and then add.
- In this same method you can prepare even a plain pulao (just adding green leaf) or using broccoli, mixed vegetable, green peas, baby potato.